Monday, August 20, 2007

On A Summary of Recent Events - Episode 1.

Summary: [Noun] A comprehensive and usually brief abstract, recapitulation, or compendium of previously stated facts or statements.

Dear Readers (if there are any),

I apologise for the lack of reading material for the past weeks as I have been feeling absolutely positive definitely lazy. Writing a blog (without your conscience nagging at you) is only possible when you do not have tons of tutorials and revision piling up on your desk. The "to-do list" just gets longer and longer. However, my No. 1 fan Mr. XP said it has been some time since I last updated my blog (especially wrt Floorball) and I've decided to accede to his request since it is Monday night and I haven't got much to do, yet. This entry is titled "Episode 1" as I foresee many more of such entries in the near future.

The first week of school was hectic as usual, no thanks to the ever so efficient and meticulous staff of our wonderful university (Note: Sarcasm intended). As usual, the university's "interactive learning portal" aka edveNTUre decided to screw itself over, causing immeasurable amounts of inconvenience for us students (who are actually paying school fees) as we try to attend lectures and tutorials without appropriate material. I seriously wonder why we are paying so much to inefficient and obviously couldn't care less administrative staff who seem to able to screw up an entire school's subject listing on edveNTUre without knowing. Utterly useless people. I wouldn't trust them to take out the trash.

The bright side is that I've got a pretty good time table, although it still spans five days. I get to end early on Fridays, which means I'll have more time to spend with a special someone. =) Somehow I managed to get a slack module called "Forensic Science", which everybody else wanted and most didn't get. Lucky me. Its basically a 3 hour eye candy session where bevies of overdressed (or underdressed in this case) NBS girls sashay into the auditorium and do whatever it is they do that makes them different from *ahem* engine girls.

Floorball wise, the Blizzards played 2 games recently. One against SGS Bulldogs and another against NightHawks. We managed to achieve a convincing victory against the Bulldogs with a scoreline of 6-0, our first clean sheets for both our goalkeepers in this Division 3 tournament. I realised that most of us players have neglected thanking our keepers for their wonderful efforts in goal, most of the time focusing on the goal scorers instead. So here's a belated and big thank you from the team; Thanks Zi Wei & Andrew for all your amazing saves, numb legs from kneeling and stressful periods in goal.

As with the NightHawks (who are a pretty skilled team) game, we played our very best and managed to level with them 5-5 full time. I felt that every single player had put in their 110% for this game, fighting and persevering all the way. It was a solid effort put in by the team and it really reflects on how far we've all come after all the training together. A clap for each and everyone of us, lets all train hard for the quarter finals 2 weeks later and win for ourselves some medals.

A few more misc. events (occurred, happening & to come):
1) Hall Inter Block Games: Can't wait for Floorball.
2) D&D impending: Time to start panicking.
3) Applied for Global Immersion Programme: Hope I get it.
4) Lastly & most importantly, I'm officially Red Light: To those who understand. ^_^

That's it for this short & sweet entry, hope you readers enjoyed yourselves and stay tuned for more updates. =_=

Yours Faithfully,
Kai

No comments: