Saturday, June 30, 2007

On A Shag Day

Shag: [Noun] A slang for sexual intercourse which somehow morphed to mean "tired" or "tiring" in Singlish.

Let me just say this first, I'm feeling damn shag. Shag^999. For basically 2 reasons, a restless night of sleep & training. For some reason, last night's sleep was absolutely terrible. I was like semi-conscious whole night long and didn't get proper rest despite the fact that I was feeling tired after floorball training. tsk~ And to top it off, I had another training session this morning to attend. My head was throbbing with every single step, so you can just imagine how difficult it is to run. It really sucked.

Training was fun nevertheless, skill wise & game play wise everybody is improving. With our first match next Saturday, I really hope we've improved enough to stand a fighting chance. It'll be great to be able to proceed all the way to the finals, but for now, coach just wants us to take one step at a time and gain as much experience as we can. Its not about winning, she says.

The funny thing is, to me, winning is everything. Sure, gaining experience is one thing, as a whole and over time it'll be good for the team. But I'm the very 好胜 kind of person, if I'm gonna play, I have to win. By hook or by crook. I want to win.

Coach says we need better finishing & communication. So I'll aim to improve on those. Made a few selfish plays today which could have been easy goals if I had listened, looked and passed. Shyt. Dammit. I need to be less overly enthusiastic and bloody hell look up and pass earlier. That will be my goal to meet before the match next Saturday. Can't let my teammates down, and I don't aim to be the weakest link. I want to win our first match so badly. It'll be good for the team's morale. As long as we don't start resting on our laurels.

I can feel the shag-ness seeping into my eyes, that's it for today, time to hit the sack. Stay tune for the next "exciting installment" of my life. =_=

P.S. Almost forgot, tomorrow's the birthday of a pal of mine... so here goes~ HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY MIN MIN~~!!! =_=

No comments: